It's week three of our festive foodie series - and this week we talking liquid refreshment! We all love a little tipple at Christmas and we've got the perfect idea for a cocktail that's both naughty and nice!
You can serve this delicious festive punch without any alcohol making it perfect for big parties and children to enjoy. But, if you are feeling a little bit naughty, it can also be spiked with spiced rum and served as a winter mojito. If ginger beer is not to your liking, you can replace with ginger ale or fizzy lemonade. Cheers!
Makes enough to serve a crowd
For the nice punch
- 1 litre chilled cranberry juice
- 1 litre chilled Jamaican ginger beer,
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1 small lemon
- 1 small orange
- Handful pomegranate seeds
- Fresh mint
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- Plenty of ice, to serve
For the naughty mojito
- Half a lime, cut into wedges
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 5 mint leaves
- 30ml (1 measure) spiced rum
- Fresh cranberries to garnish (optional)
For the punch
- Slice the lemon and orange into thin rounds.
- Pour the cranberry juice and ginger beer into a large jug.
- Add the lemon juice, pomegranate seeds, mint leaves and cinnamon sticks and give the punch a good stir.
- Keep the jug in the fridge until you are ready to serve. Serve the punch over ice garnished with a sprig of fresh mint.
Make it into a mojito
- Put the lime wedges, sugar and mint leaves into a glass.
- Muddle with the end of a clean rolling pin or muddling spoon to release the juice and mint oils.
- Add ice and pour the rum over it.
- Top with the punch, stir and garnish with cranberries threaded onto a cocktail stick.
If you want to try this tasty festive cocktail at home then we'd love to see your pictures. Head over to our Facebook page to enter our festive fun competition. Send us snaps of your festive foodie celebrations and you could win £250 to spend at John Lewis.