Halloween is around the corner, much to the excitement of my two children.
The decorations have come down from the attic, last year’s costumes are dusted off and many pumpkins have taken residence in our kitchen in preparation for the big day.
But while Halloween used to be a day celebrated mostly by those under ten, these days it has been embraced by not only the young but also the young at heart. The decorations and costumes are getting ever more elaborate and there’s more themed parties than ever before. But what should you serve at your spooktacular event? Read on…
2. These Rice Krispies ghosts will be a sure fire hit and you can even hand them out to cute trick or tricksters. Get the recipe at
3. Spooky goings on at the graveyard - satisfy sweet-soothed zombies with this gruesome cake from
4. A much healthier treat for your little ghouls - from Fab Food 4 All
5. Nothing creepier than these (naturally green!) from Veggie Desserts
6. Trick or treat doesn’t have to mean a trip to the dentist… Serve these from Sew White instead!
7. Have fun making these with the kids by Eats Amazing - just resist eating them all!
8. These from Little Sunny Kitchen are sure to be hugely popular at any party so it’s best to make a double batch.
9. This from Domestic Gothess is simply spectacular! Serve it at a gothic wedding perhaps?
10. anyone? Get the recipe at Supper in the Suburbs.
Lucy Parissi is a London-based designer, food photographer, coffee fanatic and cocktail appreciator. She is also the food-obsessed blogger behind Supergolden Bakes.