Key duties and requirements
• To monitor and work collaboratively with the regional commercial teams to identify trends and positively influence operational behaviours to reduce potential budgeted overspends with the weekly spot forecast at the core.
• To work collaboratively with contractors, the regional commercial and production teams to improve our Waste Management and our Forklift Management through awareness and best practice.
• To carry out Commercial Compliance reviews to ensure our regional teams are following our way of working.
• Carry out PFA Audits to ensure the costs and value are correct and CTC allowances are robust.
• Produce a business wide 360-degree Subcontractor Key Performance Indicator platform to review and monitor our Subcontract Supply Chain performance.
• Develop improved system process documents to improve uniformity and ease for the regional commercial teams.
• Providing support to the Commercial/Build training academies and Commercial Onboarding.
• Provide support to the regional commercial teams as and when required.
• Work with the Group Commercial Director on the implementation of Subcontract Group Deals as and when required.
Who are we looking for?
As well as being able to demonstrate your experience within the Quantity Surveying field, you must also possess an aptitude to combine strong organisational and communication skills with the ability to relate to all levels of staff and stakeholders, whilst also maintaining a keen desire to work in a quality driven business.
The ideal candidate will also convey a flexible attitude in relation to business needs.
To be considered for this role you must also possess;
• A full UK driving licence
• In depth knowledge and experience within the Quantity Surveying field ideally with a key focus on new homes
• A good understanding of the financial implications of the methods and sequences of build
• Good Finance / Commercial awareness & Technical knowledge
• In-depth knowledge of the Construction Industry
• Good Knowledge of commercial and financial management systems and controls
• Good awareness of codes of practice that impact on commercial matters e.g. Building Regulations, NHBC requirements, HSE etc
• Knowledge of Construction Design Management Regulations
Due to the nature of the role, only candidates with previous New Homes experience will be considered for this position