Key duties and requirements
• To provide detailed, robust development cost estimates and build expenditure profiles as part of the evaluation and appraisal of development opportunities.
• Liaison with the regional Development teams on optimal commercial solutions for house type mixes on preliminary development layouts prior to issue.
• To be actively engaged and work closely with the Group and Regional teams to provide improved economical design and engineering solutions.
• Appraise and interpret engineering layouts and designs converting into detailed Bills of Quantities which feed into land appraisal and land acquisition and development processes.
• Maintaining strong relationships with external consultants and subcontractors.
• Assisting the Estimating Manager with the Avant library costs covering all elements of our construction costs including abnormals.
• Preparing comprehensive house type cost schedules including all the required quantities.
• Ownership of the delivery of key cost information cost reports, assessments, analysis and recommendations in relation to all cost and estimating matters.
• Managing the flow of cost information.
• Undertaking overview checks on Budget Estimates on key indicators.
• Working in close liaison with the Regional Development Managers.
• Working with the Group Commercial team on the sub-contractor supply chain.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for an experienced and knowledgeable Estimator who evidences strong attention to detail and methodical way of working. Motivation and organisation are key to success within this role.
You must also be able to demonstrate excellent relationship management and problem solving skills. A strong understanding of Brownfield Abnormals, the ability to read Architectural and Engineering drawings and an understanding of residential construction processes is also essential.
To be considered for this role you must also possess;
• A relevant qualification or broad experience in Commercial Management.
• In depth knowledge and understanding of civil and structural engineering designs, layouts and practices.
• An in-depth understanding of the commercial aspects and financial implications of the methods and sequences of build.
• Broad Finance / Commercial awareness & Technical knowledge
• Broad awareness of codes of practice that impact on commercial matters e.g. Building Regulations, NHBC requirements, HSE etc.
• Knowledge of Construction Design Management Regulations Excellent planning, project management, organisation and decision-making capability.
• Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills.
• Understanding of legal contracts.
• Good Knowledge of commercial and financial management systems and controls.
• Good awareness of codes of practice that impact on commercial matters e.g. Building Regulations, NHBC requirements, HSE etc.
• Knowledge of Construction Design Management Regulations.
• Full UK Driving licence.