In For January
Stamp duty paid available on new reservations made on or before 25.01.19 only, that subsequently go on to legally complete. Offer on selected developments and plots only, subject to Avant Homes terms and conditions. Stamp duty contributions may vary depending on the property that is being purchased. Does not apply to second home owners or buy to let mortgages. Not to be used in conjunction with any other offer. Please ask Sales Advisor for full details.
LBTT paid available on new reservations made on or before 25.01.19 only, that subsequently go on to legally complete. Offer on selected developments and plots only, subject to Avant Homes terms and conditions. LBTT contributions may vary depending on the property that is being purchased. Does not apply to second home owners or buy to let mortgages. Only available on Avant Homes in Scotland. Not to be used in conjunction with any other offer. Please ask Sales Advisor for full details.
Terms and conditions apply to Express Move scheme, available on new reservations only. Deal is specific to some plots only, not available in conjunction with any other offer. Please speak to your sales adviser for individual plot specific deals as each deal varies. No cash alternative.
Help to Buy
What are the benefits?
Help to Buy is made up of two schemes – an ‘equity loan’ where the Government will loan you up to 20% of the value of your new build home and a ‘mortgage guarantee’ where lenders will be incentivised to make more mortgages available for people with small deposits. The Government wants to help more people across the country make the aspiration of home ownership a reality. Help to Buy is aimed at increasing
the supply of low-deposit mortgages as well as new housing and will run for 3 years. If you have a 5% deposit and want to buy a new build home, you’ll be able to access the Help to Buy scheme. If you want to buy a property which is either new build or an existing property,
How will Help to Buy work for you?
Help to Buy prices based on 80% of full purchase price. Eligible applicants will be offered an equity loan of up to a maximum of 20% of the purchase price (based on the open market value). Applicants are required to fund at least 80% of the purchase price by means of a conventional mortgage, savings and any deposit where required. For the first five years, there is no fee charged on the equity loan component. At the start of year six a fee is collected of 1.75% of the market value of the property at the time the loan is entered into multiplied by the outstanding percentage under the equity loan, the annual fee of 1.75% will be multiplied by RPI+1% p.a. The equity loan is provided by the HCA and held as a joint second charge. Terms and conditions apply and full details will be provided on request. This offer is only available on selected developments and properties in England up to £600,000. It is not offered with any other promotion. Applicants will need to use a Mortgage Broker from the panel, who will act solely for the applicant.
Help to Buy (Scotland)
Eligible applicants for Help to Buy Scotland will be offered an equity loan of up to a maximum of 15% of the purchase price (based on the open market value).
Applicants are required to fund at least 85% of the purchase price by means of a conventional mortgage, savings and any deposit where required. The Scottish Government will take an equity stake of up to 15% of the value of the property, which can be repaid at any time or on the sale of your home. Terms and conditions apply and full details will be provided on request. This offer is only available on selected developments and properties in Scotland up to £200,000. It is not offered with any other promotion. Applicants will need to use a Mortgage Broker from Avant Homes’ panel, who will act solely for the applicant.
Our part exchange scheme is highly popular and has taken the stress out of the home buying process for many of our customers over the years. Available on selected developments and on particular plots, the sales advisor based on each development will be able to highlight which plots qualify for the scheme.
For part exchange consideration, your current home must meet the following criteria:
- The value should be no more than 70% of the value of the new Avant home.
- If your property is ex-local authority, there must be evidence of resales in the area.
- It must be located within a reasonable distance of one of our existing developments around the Group.
- It must be in good order, requires no major maintenance or repair and is mortgageable.
All necessary planning and building consents for alterations or extensions must be available for inspection, including any required for the installation of replacement windows, even if the work was carried out by a previous owner.
If you reserve a plot that has a part exchange option and you decide to take advantage of part exchange, your sales advisor will ask you for information on your present home. This information will be passed to the Part Exchange Coordinator who will instruct independent valuations. These valuations are based on achieving a sale within 90 days. Our Part Exchange Coordinator will also contact you to introduce themselves and to advise you on the next steps of the process. Once the valuation reports are received from the estate agents we will look to make you an offer to purchase your home. Typically our offer is based on an average valuation price.
The offer will be be subject to the Coordinator visiting your property. We do reserve the right not to make an offer for any property put forward under the Part Exchange scheme.
Once an offer is accepted we will place your property on the market immediately. You will need to instruct your solicitor to deal with the legal documentation regarding your sale and purchase. At this point our Part Exchange Coordinator will arrange for a full mortgage survey to be undertaken against your existing home. In addition you will also need to arrange for the necessary finance, such as a mortgage, for the purchase of your new home. During the marketing of your existing property our appointed selling agent will contact our Part Exchange Coordinator to arrange viewing times for prospective buyers to view your home. We will endeavour to make these viewings as convenient to you as possible.
Once your finance is in place and contracts/missives exchanged you are simply waiting for your new home to be handed over to you. Once ready, we will then hand over the keys to your new home and you hand over the keys to your old home to us! It’s that simple.
Our part exchange offer is available against selected plots on selected developments. To find out more details how part exchange could work for you, please contact the sales advisor at any of our developments.
Offer available on selected developments and plots. We reserve the right to withdraw offers and incentives without prior notice. For further details, please ask the sales advisor on site.
Offer available on selected developments and plots only. We reserve the right to withdraw offers and incentives without prior notice. For further details, please ask the sales advisor on site.
Offer available on selected homes on selected developments only. Not available in conjunction with any other offer.
Home Reach is a new build ownership solution brought to you by Heylo Housing Group. The Home Reach shared ownership scheme cannot be used in conjunction with any other Avant Homes purchase scheme, offer or promotion. Subject to affordability criteria as prescribed by the Homes and Communities Agency. Subject to individual mortgage lender qualification and affordability criteria.
Shared Equity Scheme
The Shared Equity Plots are sold with the assistance of Saffron Housing Trust as follows:
1. Potential Buyers must be eligible and approved by the Local Authority before they can reserve the plot, in accordance with the conditions of the Section 106 Agreement.
2. Buyers will initially purchase 75% of the equity in the property and Saffron Housing Trust will retain the remaining 25% of the equity. For example, if the full purchase price is £100,000 the buyers will pay £75,000 on completion.
3. On completion the buyers will be granted a Shared Ownership Lease, where Saffron Housing Trust are the Landlord (owners of the freehold).
4. The Shared Ownership Lease secures the 75% equity acquired by the buyers, and is for a term of 99 years from the date of the Lease and with a fixed rent of £1 per annum throughout the term.
5. The buyers will be responsible to pay to the Landlord throughout the term of the Lease (a) a contribution towards insurance of the property and (b) any outgoings for the property e.g. bills, taxes, rates, service charge (if applicable) etc.
6. Five years from the date of the Lease the buyers can choose to staircase by acquiring further equity in the property. Buyers can acquire a minimum of 10% and a maximum of the remaining 25% equity. The value of the equity is based on the market value of the property at the time of staircasing. For example, if the buyers wanted to acquire a further 10% equity (making an 85% equity share overall) and the market value of the property at that time has increased to £110,000 then they would need to pay £11,000 to Saffron Housing Trust for that further 10% equity.
7. If and when the buyers acquire the full 100% equity in the property, Saffron Housing Trust will transfer the freehold of the property to the buyers and the Shared Ownership Lease falls away.
8. There is no obligation on the buyers to increase their share – they can remain with a 75% equity share throughout the 99 year term of the Lease if they want to.
9. If the buyers decided to sell the property at any point in the future, they would need to contact Saffron Housing Trust to ensure that any future buyers fulfil their criteria and the buyers would only ever be able to sell the percentage equity in the property that they have acquired to that point. For example, if the buyers own 75% equity they can only sell their 75% equity share based on the market value at that time.
10. If the property value increases or decreases over time, so does the value of the equity share.
Mother's Day Competition 2019
1. Promoter: Avant Homes (England) Limited, Avant House, 6 and 9 Tallys End, Barlborough S43 4WP (Company Number 01043597)
2. By taking part in this promotion, an entrant is agreeing to be bound by these terms and conditions. If an entrant does not agree with any of these terms and conditions, they should not enter this promotion.
3. The promotion will run from 12pm (GMT) 20/3/19 (''Promotion Opening Date'') until 11:59pm (GMT) 28/03/2019 (''Promotion Closing Date'') (the “Promotion Period”). There will be one Prize awarded (see point 10 below). After the Promotion Closing Date no further entries to the promotion will be permitted.
4. One winner will be chosen and announced once the winner has acknowledged their win in communications with the Promoter.
5. This promotion is intended to increase awareness of the Avant Homes brand on Facebook, by encouraging engagement on its content. It will be promoted across the brand’s other social media channels, including Twitter and Instagram.
6. In order to enter, the user must be available at 11am on the 30.03.19 to attend the opening of Avant Homes’ new showhome at Babington Quarter (the “Event”). The entrant will need to comment on the ‘competition post’ (the post uniquely identified with #MyMumWins and pinned to the top of the Page) on the Avant Homes Facebook Page (https://www.facebook.com/AvantNewHomes), answering the question outlined in the post.
7. The entry comment must be posted during the relevant day of the Promotion Period to be eligible to win.
8. The promotion is open to UK and Ireland residents over the age of 18 including employees and suppliers of the Promoter and anyone else connected with this promotion. If an entrant who is an employee, supplier or is otherwise connected with this promotion is a Winner (as defined below), they will need to inform the Promoter of this fact at the point that they claim the Prize.
9. If the entrant deletes their content prior to the Promotion Closing Date, then the submission will not be included in the promotion. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any entries received after the relevant Closing Date.
10. The “Winner” will be selected via an independent adjudicator, and will receive: the following prize (the ‘Prize’) – a luxury John Lewis hamper, a bottle of champagne and a beautiful bouquet of flowers. Plus cut the ribbon and be the first to walk over the threshold of our brand new showhome at Babington Quarter.
11. The Prize is not transferable, non-refundable and no cash alternative is available.
12. The Winner will be contacted by the Promoter via a comment on their entry on Facebook. The comment will prompt them to Private/Direct Message the Promoter on Facebook Private Message, which they must do so in order to finalise and confirm their win.
13. A Winner must communicate with the Promoter via Facebook Private Message within 24 hours of being informed that they have won the Prize and confirm their availability at the time requested by the Promoter on 30.03.19 to attend the Event where the presentation of the Prize will take place. If a Winner does not, within 24 hours of being informed that they are a Winner, confirm their availability on 30.03.19 to attend the Event, the Promoter reserves the right to select an alternative Winner for that Prize from all other proper and valid entries that were received for the promotion. Failure to claim the Prize by the time or in the manner specified will make any claim to the Prize invalid.
14. The name of the Winner will be available by sending a stamped addressed envelope to Sales Avant Homes Central C3 & C4 Holmewood Business Park, Holmewood, Chesterfield, S42 5US. Entrants agree to have this information disclosed to those who request it as one of the terms of entry.
15. The Prize can only be collected at the Event. No alternative times, dates or delivery methods for the Prize will be agreed with the Winner.. In the event of unforeseen circumstances resulting in the Winner not being in attendance at the Event, the Promoter reserves the right to select an alternative Winner from all other proper and valid entries who is available to attend the Event. , The Promoter reserves the right to substitute the Prize with a prize of equivalent value. Accepting the Prize may give rise to a tax liability which will be each Winner's responsibility.
16. It is a condition of entry that the Winner cooperates fully for publicity purposes if so required. By entering the promotion the Winner agrees for their name, and / or winning entry and / or photographic image and/or video content containing their image to be made publicly available on the Promoter’s website and social media channels and to be included in future publicity material if required. Any personal data relating to the Winner or other entrants will used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation in accordance with the Avant Homes Group’s Privacy Statement here.
17. The Promoter reserves the right to alter, amend or foreclose this promotion without prior notice in the event that unforeseen circumstances make this unavoidable. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entrant and/or select an alternative Winner in the event the Promoter believes that any entrant has contravened any of these terms and conditions.
18. The Promoter cannot accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by any entrant entering the promotion or as a result of accepting a Prize.
19. The Promoter's decision is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
20. English law applies and the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts shall prevail.
21. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and/or John Lewis Limited, and each entrant confirms that by entering this promotion they are releasing Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and/or John Lewis Ltd from any liabilities associated with the promotion.