To be considered for this role, you will currently be working as a Land Manager with experience of working within the house building industry either working for a new homes developer or an agent.
Excellent communication and relationship building skills are essential for this role along with proven and documented knowledge of all elements of the land acquisition process.
You must also be able to demonstrate a strong network of contacts within the North East region along with the ability source land for the immediate, short and medium term whilst also producing and presenting land offers and negotiating best possible terms.
Key duties and requirements
• To manage the land acquisition process ensuring the effective compliance, control and deployment of all available land opportunities.
• To source and secure land effectively for the immediate, short and medium term via the development of agent contacts, planning leads, methods of formal and informal tender and ‘off-market’ land procurement.
• To identify the most effective route of procurement both from a legal and planning perspective.
• Assisting in achieving planning approvals, working with third-party providers and with internal departments.
• Achieving and maintaining a high profile with external property contacts, working relationships with local authorities, local agents, land owners and other developers within the Region’s operating area.
• Engaging in the process of determining, agreeing and delivering site start programmes and development programmes within agreed timescales.
• Preparation of effective and relevant legal documentation for each development or phase of development.
Who are we looking for?
As well as being able to demonstrate your experience within land management, you must also possess an aptitude to combine strong organisational and communication skills with the ability to relate to all levels of staff and stakeholders, whilst also maintaining a keen desire to work in a quality driven business.
A ‘Can Do’ attitude and smart appearance is vital as you will be presented to the business as a direct representative of the wider Commercial team and regional business.
The ideal candidate will also convey a flexible attitude in relation to business needs.
To be considered for this role you must also possess:
• A full UK driving licence
• A relevant qualification or proven experience in land acquisition, procurement and management.
• A strong network of proven contacts and a record of delivery.
• Detailed understanding of the legal and planning frameworks associated with land acquisition and development procurement.
• Technical, legal, financial and commercial awareness
• Awareness of codes of practice that impact on land acquisition and planning matters e.g. Planning Policy, Systems and Frameworks on a local basis